Upon reflection I have 2 insights for you before you start.
- floppy grosgrain is a great ribbon to learn on
-you can do just about anything with hot glue
You will need:
- ribbon (about 1 yard) -I find I like 1"-1.5" ~ 31 cents/ yard
- a hot glue gun ~ around 2.99 if you don't already own one
- a lighter -if you're using grosgrain ~ 99 cents for a 3 pack
- thread~ who doesn't have this? you can get it al the dollar store for a bunch of colors!
- small alligator clips~ $2 for a 10 pack
- patience!!!!~ priceless
Tie the very end of your ribbon in a knot. Don't pull it all the way tight, leave it with that cone shaped triangle bit in tact.
Cut the knotted end off and set it aside, run the ends of the big piece through the lighter flame to seal the ends. Don't catch it on fire! Fold the ribbon over kind of like a breast cancer awareness ribbon leaving one side much longer.
Straighten it out a bit and scrunch the center together. (This also takes practice and patience)