Friday, August 19, 2011

shoes with holes

I have the best hunny and he makes it so easy to want to submit to him. I wanted to take a minute and share him with you. God knew what he was doing in putting us together because I have a very defiant personality, I have a hard time submitting to God let alone another person. I struggle in that area but Aaron makes me want to try harder and keep trying.

Have you ever met one of those people who are extremely low maintenance? You know? I'm talking about the ones who go about their lives and humbly dig in and do their work with very little complaint.

The other day I was picking up the house and I went to put away Aaron's work shoes. When I picked them up I saw that they were just about completely worn through. He hadn't said a word about  his shoes being in such bad condition. I was touched at that moment. The way I see it my husband goes to work everyday; he doesn't complain and he works hard in all kinds of weather. He just keeps trucking and there were giant holes in his shoes! I thought about my own attitude sometimes.
I am not a low maintenance person.
I admit it.
I keep an eye on things and always worry about stuff and if my shoes get worn out I figure out how to get new ones and I'm not quiet about it either. The only exception is flip flops. I love a good pair of worn out flip flops.
Aaron is the kind of person who doesn't worry about much, he doesn't throw a fit, and he accepts what he's given. If he sees a problem he deals with it. He thinks things through and manages to navigate our family through the tightest of situations despite my best unconscious efforts. He doesn't need immediate gratification and he asks for very little. He eats what I cook, he wears what I wash when I wash it, and best of all he puts up with all my shenanigans. AND he does it all with a sense of humor and a gentle spirit.
I am so blessed to be married to someone like Aaron. (especially when I'm the polar opposite)
Thank you hunny for being wonderful you.
I always try to be a good me but Aaron teaches me by example how to be a better person.
 He is truly a righteous man of God.
....I don't think he would ever admit it though cuz he pretty freakin' humble too.

1 comment: