Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 19

I'm thankful for my book club. My book club is a great group of ladies! We all share common a common faith and most of us have children all around the same ages. We all enjloy reading but more than that we enjoy the sanity of getting away for one night a month and just being able to hang out and be yourself. I don't always enjoy the book but I don't mind because I really enjoy the friendship and I feel all smart and grown up when I step outside my comfort zone when I read something I wouldn't normally read.
When you spend your days with small children and babies it is important to feel like all smart and grown up once in a while.
I'm thankful for my friends some of who are new and then of course there are the ones I've known for a couple of years who invited me into the book club in the first place. All of these ladies are fairly new friends I think the longest friendship I have in this group is a year and a half but I'm so thankful to have found them. I don't have many friends who share my faith background. That number is growing quickly though and it's a blessing to be able to be yourself and talk openly or ask for prayer and to not have to explain yourself when you have to discipline your child because a lot of us go to the same bible study where we learned a lot of our child training skills.
Thank God for good friends and mommies only playdates!

No comments:

Post a Comment